Product Review: Azo Urinary Tract Infection Test Strips
People with diabetes can be prone to having UTIs due to high blood sugars and certain medications. If youve ever had a UTI, you know how uncomfortable and unpleasant the symptoms are. Left untreated, UTIs can lead to a more serious infection, like a kidney infection.
To get cutting-edge diabetes news, strategies for blood glucose management, nutrition tips, healthy recipes, and more delivered straight to your inbox, !
If youve had UTIs before and think you may have one now, AZO Urinary Tract Infection Test Strips can save time and help you get the right treatment faster. With AZO test strips, you take a UTI test at home and then call your healthcare provider with the results. These AZO test strips are the same test that many doctors offices use to measure leukocytes and nitrites in your urine. Plus, you get a result in just two minutes. The strips clean grip handle is sanitary, easy to use, and results are easy to read, too. Save time and get UTI relief faster with AZO Urinary Tract Infection Test Strips.
Some Preventative Measures Do Help
Because urinary tract infections do tend to reoccur, it can be beneficial to take some steps to prevent them. Dr. Talbott recommends emptying your bladder immediately after sexual intercourse. You can also take cranberry tablets, which are not necessarily curative, but may have some benefit in preventing infection in the first place.
Drinking a lot of water can also be very beneficial, says Dr. Talbott. It helps flush out bacteria and accelerate healing.
If you suffer from recurrent UTIs, you should speak with your physician, who might investigate further for other causes or contributors, including spermicidal agents and lower estrogen levels.
UTIs can be miserable, but you dont have to suffer. If youre experiencing symptoms, MDLIVE is an easy, convenient way to talk to a doctor without having to wait days for an appointmentfrom the comfort of your own home. Our doctors can talk to you about your symptoms, give you a diagnosis, and if a prescription is needed, send one straight to the pharmacy of your choice. Contact MDLIVE for a consult with a board-certified doctor via secure online video, phone, or the MDLIVE App today.
Why You Should Choose Forward For Uti Treatment
While its possible for the immune system to clear up an infection on its own, antibiotic treatment is the best way to cure an infection and reduce the risk of complications, such as a serious kidney infection. Forward makes it simple to deal with UTIs by giving you the ability to quickly schedule a virtual or in-person appointment. As your primary care provider, we do more than just prescribe medication to treat the infection. Our one-on-one personalized care also focuses on prevention, so you may experience fewer urinary tract infections in the future.
Recommended Reading: Why Am I Prone To Urinary Tract Infections
This Product Is One Of The Best I Have Ever Used
I’ve had a lot of stress in my life lately and of course I got a urinary tract infection. This product was rated five stars so I decided to try it. I was completely amazed at how well it worked and how quickly it worked. I have never had one work so quickly before. I highly recommend it to anyone that has the symptoms of a urinary tract infection
I sometimes have days when it hurts to pee after sex and lasts a couple days. This helps instantly and makes the burning irritating feeling go away almost right away. Great product!
Homeopathic Remedies For Uti
1. Aconitum apellus : this remedy is useful when there is a feeling of anxiousness both before and while urinating. It is also good for UTI-burning relief.
2. Belladonna: if there is a frequent feeling of urination along with cramps in the area of the bladder, accompanied by a very small amount of colored urine, this remedy is helpful.
3. Apis mellifica: this remedy can be taken if there is a frequent urge to urinate along with a burning sensation and soreness in the abdominal area.
4. Borax: this remedy is helpful to treat acute cystitis accompanied by pain in the bladder as well as urinary opening.
5. Chimaphila umbellata: if a person has to strain a lot in order to pass the urine, along with a scalding sensation, this remedy works well.
6. Staphysagria: this remedy is quite useful for women if cystitis occurs due to sexual activity. This condition may be accompanied by a feeling of pressure in the bladder even after urinating.
Apart from these, you can try some other homeopathic treatments, like Berberis Vulgaris, cantharis, clematis, lycopodium, equisetum, nux vomica, sepia, and sarsaparilla.
Read Also: Urinary Tract Infection Prevention Guidelines
How Much Is Uti Test Strips
uti test strips come in a variety of designs and pricing ranges. Its difficult to predict product costs nowadays. You dont know how much something costs because the pricing range is so vast. For example, a pair of pants can range from $20 to $200 depending on where you buy them. Similarly, additional goods like as uti test strips.
Is Cranberry Juice Helpful For Utis
Cranberry juice has long been used as a home remedy for UTIs, but despite this, there is a lot of conflicting information surrounding whether or not it actually works.
Scientists have argued over how effective cranberry juice actually is at preventing and flushing out UTIs due to conflicting conclusions in studies on the topic.
However, drinking it wont do you any harm, so it could be worth a try.
Just ensure you pick unsweetened cranberry juice, as the sugar in sweetened cranberry juices can actually feed a bacterial infection.
Dont Miss: Azo Urinary Tract Health Reviews
Read Also: Best Thing For Urinary Tract Infections
What Are The Side Effects Of Azo
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives difficult breathing swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using phenazopyridine and call your doctor at once if you have:
- little or no urinating
- confusion, loss of appetite, pain in your side or lower back
- fever, pale or yellowed skin, stomach pain, nausea and vomiting or
- blue or purple appearance of your skin.
Common side effects may include:
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. You may report side effects to FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Is It Safe To Treat Utis Without Antibiotics
Antibiotics are effective treatments for UTIs. Sometimes, the body can resolve minor, uncomplicated UTIs on its own, without antibiotics.
Complicated UTIs require medical treatment. These are some factors that can make the infection complicated:
- changes in the urinary tract or organs, such as a swollen prostate or reduced flow of urine
Recommended Reading: Natural Cure For Urinary Tract Infection In Dogs
When To See A Healthcare Provider
Conversations about urinary symptoms can be uncomfortable, but if youre experiencing symptoms consistent with a UTI, its best to seek medical advice. Your provider can order tests if needed, discuss treatment options, and help you understand the cause of your infection, as well as providing strategies to prevent recurrences.
The sooner you seek help, the sooner those painful symptoms will be goneand you can go back to getting a good nights sleep.
How To Treat My Dogs Urinary Tract Infection
What can you give a dog for urinary tract infection?
Here a some natural treatments and home remedies over the counter that can greatly help your dog fight a bacterial UTI or blood in dog urine.
In early cases of the disease, these remedies may be particularly effective. For more advanced cases, they are an important asset in completing a vet treatment.
Its important to act early, noting that a bladder infection can gradually evolve into a kidney infection.
You May Like: Have Uti Symptoms But No Infection
Don’t Miss: Why Do I Get Urinary Tract Infections After Intercourse
Can Utis Be Prevented
These tips can help prevent UTIs:
- School-age girls should avoid bubble baths and strong soaps that might cause irritation. They also should wear cotton underwear instead of nylon because itâs less likely to encourage bacterial growth.
- All kids should be taught not to âhold itâ when they have to go. Pee that stays in the bladder gives bacteria a good place to grow.
- Kids should drink plenty of fluids but avoid those with caffeine.
Avoid Food And Beverages That May Irritate The Bladder
The most common bladder irritants are alcohol, caffeinated drinks, carbonated beverages, and spicy dishes.
Both caffeine and alcohol have been found to increase bladder spasming, which can make UTI pain worse. And when men and women increased their intake of coffee or soda, they had higher chances of getting UTI symptoms.
You May Like: Can Pregnancy Cause Yeast Infection
Also Check: Severe Urinary Tract Infection Symptoms In Elderly
Azo Urinary Pain Relief Warnings
This medicine may stain soft contact lenses. You may not want to wear your contacts while taking this medicine.
This medicine can turn urine a red or orange color. This is normal.
Check with your doctor before taking phenazopyridine if you have kidney or liver problems or are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Azo Urinary Tract Infection Test Strips Accurate Results In 2 Minutes Clinically Tested Easy To Read Results Clean Grip Handle #1 Most Trusted Brand 3 Count
AZO Urinary Tract Infection Test Strips, Accurate Results in 2 Minutes, Clinically Tested, Easy to Read Results, Clean Grip Handle, #1 Most Trusted Brand, 3 Count
- TREAT YOUR URINARY TRACT INFECTION EARLY. Early treatment is the key to fast UTI relief and preventing more serious problems. With AZO Test Strips, you can take a UTI test at home and simply call your doctor with the results..
- TRUST THE SAME TYPE OF UTI TESTS MANY DOCTORS USE. AZO Test Strips offer you the most reliable, over-the-counter UTI home test available. With AZO Test Strips, you can take a UTI test in the privacy of your own home and then call your doctor with the results
- 2 TESTS IN 1. The same urinary tract infection tests used in many doctorâs offices to determine if the bacteria that cause a UTI are present. The Leukocyte and Nitrite tests are both commonly used to diagnose a UTI
- ACCURATE Trust AZO to give you accurate results. Our Test Strips are Made in the USA
- FAST. Test results are ready to read in just two minutes. The sooner you get UTI treatment, the better because an untreated UTI could lead to serious complications
- CLEAN GRIP HANDLE is sanitary and easy to use. Hold test strip vertically to read results. Read Leukocytes test results on the top test pad and Nitrite test results on the bottom test pad
Recommended Reading: Urinary Tract Infection And Kidney Stones
Don’t Miss: What Is The Best Natural Remedy For Urinary Tract Infection
Azo Urinary Pain Relief Side Effects
Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction:hives difficult breathing swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using AZO Urinary Pain Relief and call your doctor at once if you have:
little or no urinating
confusion, loss of appetite, pain in your side or lower back
fever, pale or yellowed skin, stomach pain, nausea and vomiting or
blue or purple appearance of your skin.
Common side effects may include:
Also Check: Epsom Salt Bath For Bladder Infection
Clothing Bedding And Wearable Products
For children with daytime wetting, clothes that come on and off easily may help prevent accidents. A wristwatch alarm set to vibrate can privately remind your child to visit the toilet, without help from a teacher or parent.
For children who wet the bed, the following practices can make life easier and may boost your childs confidence:
- Leave out dry pajamas and towels so your child can clean up easily.
- Layer waterproof pads and fitted sheets on the bed. Your child can quickly pull off wet bedding and put it in a hamper. Fewer signs of wetting may help your child feel less embarrassed.
- Have your child help with the clean-up and laundry the next day. However, dont make it a punishment.
- Be sure your child showers or bathes every day to wash away the smell of urine.
- Plan to stop using diapers, training pants, or disposable training pants, except when sleeping away from home. These items may discourage your child from getting out of bed to use the toilet.
Dont make a habit of waking your child during the night to use the bathroom. Researchers dont think it helps children overcome bedwetting.3
Recommended Reading: Urinary Catheterization Procedure Female Ppt
You May Like: Urinary Tract Infection Kidney Pain
Nonprescription Products For Utis
When you have a UTI, it is vital to make a doctorsappointment. You should never try to treat it on your own with homeremedies or nonprescription products. Some women purchase OTC productswithout medical advice, such as those containing phenazopyridine . Purchasers may believe that this ingredient alone cancure the UTI. This is a common misconception, as the product may provideonly temporary relief of symptoms .
After obtaining this relief, a woman may decide that theUTI is gone and that she does not need to see her physician after all.This is a mistake. Phenazopyridine does not act to kill bacteria, so anyrelief obtained is probably short-lived. The label warns against usingthe product for more than 2 days, and advises seeing a physician ifsymptoms last more than 2 days. Of course, the safest course of actionis to see a physician first, and ask whether this product should be usedalong with the antibiotic/antibacterial prescription product. Further,no herbal product or dietary supplement is proven safe or effective forpreventing or treating a UTI.
Azo Urinary Tract Health Ingredients Are They Safe & Effective
This is a product which is mainly predicated on the functioning of a few essential minerals, vitamins and extracts.
*All individuals are unique. Your results can and will vary.
This is something quite convenient as it will help you handle UTIs without the usage of any strong chemical compounds and ingredients which might actually be harmful for your body. This is the main reason for which we tend to believe that the composition is quite reliable and that you ought to keep it in mind.
With this said, the ingredients which are included in the product are:
You May Like: Can Advil Help With Urinary Tract Infection
Best Uti Over The Counter Products
Best urinary tract infection over-the-counter products available in the USA are:
- FDA-approved UTI products such as AZO & Cystex to relieve symptoms
- Ibuprofen to decrease inflammation
- D-Mannose, Garlic, and homeopathy to supplement UTI treatment & prevention.
Important disclosure: While there are numerous over the counter UTI products, the FDA only approves antibiotics as a treatment for a urinary tract infection . Also, while you can buy many supplements and homeopathic remedies without a prescription , the official definition of an over-the-counter drug is slightly different. Only when the Food and Drug Administration recognizes the safety and effectiveness of an ingredient for a particular diagnosis, then a product containing the said ingredient in an appropriate amount could be called an over-the-counter drug for the specified illness. This is not the case with most products containing D-Mannose, cranberry, or Uva Ursi. Also, if you are looking for an over-the-counter solution for your UTI because you are tired of antibiotics, know that there are some safe non-antibiotic drugs available with a prescription through a compounding pharmacy, such as SSKI.
So, what if you cant get your hands on the right antibiotic immediately? Or what if youre stuck in the middle of nowhere and cant see a doctor right away? Im sure you wonder if OTC UTI medicine works and if it can cure the infection. The answer is maybe.
Its just not worth the risk!
What Should I Know About Storage And Disposal Of This Medication
Keep this medication in the container it came in, tightly closed, and out of reach of children. Store it at room temperature and away from excess heat and moisture .
Unneeded medications should be disposed of in special ways to ensure that pets, children, and other people cannot consume them. However, you should not flush this medication down the toilet. Instead, the best way to dispose of your medication is through a medicine take-back program. Talk to your pharmacist or contact your local garbage/recycling department to learn about take-back programs in your community. See the FDA’s Safe Disposal of Medicines website for more information if you do not have access to a take-back program.
It is important to keep all medication out of sight and reach of children as many containers are not child-resistant and young children can open them easily. To protect young children from poisoning, always lock safety caps and immediately place the medication in a safe location â one that is up and away and out of their sight and reach.
Don’t Miss: What Is Best Antibiotic For Urinary Tract Infection
What Other Otc Uti Relief Is Available
Another medication that you can consider for UTI relief is phenazopyridine hydrochloride . It is the key ingredient in many over-the-counter urinary tract infection products, such as:
- Uristat Ultra Pain Relief Tablet
- Generic store brand UTI relief medications
Phenazopyridine Hcl is an azo dye that works as a topical pain reliever. When you take an over-the-counter medication that contains it, the drug enters the lower urinary tract and temporarily desensitizes the area. This alleviates the burning, pressure, and urgency symptoms of a UTI. As a side effect, the drug turns urine a bright orange-yellow color. Although the appearance of dyed urine may be alarming, the effect is harmless and will resolve when you stop taking the medication.
Like Azo Urinary Tract Defense, OTC medicines that contain phenazopyridine Hcl are not cures for UTIs. They can only lessen the severity of symptoms, so you feel better while you make arrangements to see your doctor for an antibiotic prescription.