Ostomy Supplies & Resources For Toronto Ottawa And Ontario Residents
As Canadas most populated province, Ontario is also home to the greatest number of ostomates. That means the demand for information, products, and supplies to support a healthy and active lifestyle is greater that anywhere else in the country. As Canadas one-stop resource for those who have received a colostomy, ileostomy, or urostomy, Inner Good answers the demand.
Private Drainage Systems And Roadside Ditches
This eReference tool is not a substitute for specialized legal advice. Always consult a lawyer before implementing any drainage changes to your property or operations or considering any legal action.
A private drainage system is constructed by a property owner to resolve their own drainage problems. These systems are usually a ditch, buried pipe or grassed waterway, and collect or concentrate surface water. A roadside ditch runs alongside a road, and is built to drain the road bed and the water draining off the road surface. . You may have a number of questions related to private draining systems and roadside ditches:
- Last year, a residential subdivision was developed on the property right next to mine, and the developer directed the outlet of the storm water management pond into my private ditch on my land. My ditch is starting to erode and my land floods occasionally. What can I do?
Medline Drainage Bag With Anti
Medline Drainage Bag with Anti-Reflux Tower, 50 Inch Tubing, and Slide-Tap Drainage Port Availability:all sales are finalreturns are suspended
- Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM EST
Recommended Reading: How You Know If You Have A Urinary Tract Infection
The Newmarket Centre For Lymphatic Care
Now Available at East Gwillimbury Physiotherapy Newmarket and Holland Landing location.
Integrated Lymphatic Drainage is used to enhance the cleansing and draining of the tissues. This in turn decreases tightness and heaviness, increases function, enhances immune system response, prevents infection and promotes healing.
Medline Urinary Drain Bags 1/ea
Minimum quantity: 1Maximum quantity: 0
Delivery time for this item is currently 5-14 days.
Delivery time for this item is currently 3-10 days.
Delivery time for this item is currently 5-14 days.
Delivery time for this item is currently 8-12 days.
Delivery time for this item is currently 15-20 days.
Delivery time for this item is currently 20-25 days.
Delivery time for this item is currently 25-30 days.
Delivery time for this item is currently 30-35 days.
Delivery time for this item is currently 35-60 days.
Delivery time for this item is currently 5-7 days.
Delivery time for this item is currently 50-60 days.
Delivery time for this item is currently 60-70 days.
Delivery time for this item is currently 70-80 days.
Delivery time for this item is currently 80-85 days.
Non-stock item, special order from supplier.Approximate delivery is 2-4 weeks.
Recommended Reading: Where Should The Urinary Drainage Bag Be Kept
I Have A Private Ditch That Extends Close To The Road Last Year The Road Authority Installed A New Culvert Under The Road And Directed Their Water Into My Ditch Do They Have The Right To Do That
No. The road authority has no right to direct their water into your private drainage system. There are three options to resolve this problem:
My Property And My Adjoining Neighbour’s Property Have Shared A Private Ditch For As Long As Anyone Can Remember My Neighbour Has Blocked The Ditch And Now My Property Has No Way Of Draining What Can I Do
You may be able to claim a right of drainage so your neighbour cannot block the ditch.
There are three options to resolve this problem:
Also Check: Treatment For Urinary Blockage In Cats
Medline Urine Bag Related Products
- Drainage Bag Cap: This page includes both drain bag caps and catheter plugs that are great to have as replacements or backups.
- Foley Catheter Adhesive Patch: An adhesive device for catheter securement.
- IV Pole: An aluminum IV pole with a drainage bag hook. This item has five legs for added stability and can be rolled on its wheels.
- Polycotton Wheelchair Drain Bag Holder: A latex-free polycotton and polyester drain bag holder that attaches to the bottom of a wheelchair. This item is blue in color and conceals its contents from public view.
- Intermittent Coude Catheter: A 14-inch, latex urethral catheter with a coude tip.
- Rusch Soft Simplastic Foley Catheter: A latex-free, indwelling catheter by Teleflex Medical. This item features a wide lumen and large eyelets to promote debris expulsion.
- Vinyl Wheelchair Drainage Bag Holder: A black, vinyl pouch that holds and conceals drainage bags. This item attaches to a wheelchair for user convenience.
Ostomy Supplies Coverage Ontario
Ontarios Assistive Devices Program helps qualified residents pay for ostomy supplies by reimbursing a good portion of their expenditure. Ontario residents who have a permanent colostomy, ileostomy, urostomy, ileal conduit, or urinary continent reservoir and hold a valid Ontario health card qualify for the program, regardless of income level. Thats great news for you!
Coverage extends up to $975 per ostomy each year. Those who are covered under Ontario Works, Ontario Disability Support Program, or Assistance to Children with Severe Disabilities will receive $1,300 per ostomy each year.
Want to know if you qualify? View the provincial Ostomy Grant Applicant Information Sheet.
Also Check: Pomegranate Juice For Urinary Tract Infection
How To Clean This Product
Ostomy Supplies Covered In Ontario
Now that you know you can recoup a significant portion of your ostomy supply expenses, you need a clear picture of what products are covered by ADP. These include:
Stoma pouches/containersAdditional accessories associated with using the enteral feeding pumpEnteral feeding pump replacements View more on ADP coverage
Read Also: Urinary Tract Infection Lower Back Pain
How Is The Medline Catheter Bag Drained
Caution: A heavy or full catheter bag can cause discomfort and sanitary problems for users. Catheter bags should be changed out when they are half full or sooner. Also, the bag should always remain below the bladder as it is emptied to prevent backflow.
How Does Lymphatic Massage Therapy Work
This massage technique is a very light skin stretch stroke technique based on the anatomy of the lymphatic system of flow. A different type of stroke is used depending on the area of the body, and direction of flow the therapist wants to attain. Mechanical force through the manual drainage technique can help guide the lymphatic fluid. This is somewhat similar to a hand pushing water. In the case where there is a barrier to the flow of the lymphatic system. Combined Decongestive therapy is used. A Physiotherapist trained in manual lymphatic drainage and certified as a combined decongestive therapist can route the fluid around the blockage again based on the flow patterns of the lymphatic system.
Recommended Reading: Royal Canin K9 Urinary So
How Do I Know What Type Of Drain I Have
Drains sometimes look alike, whether they are private, municipal or mutual agreement drains. If a property has changed ownership, you may not know if a watercourse is a drain. One important difference between drains is the legal status impacting who is responsible for the drain, and what can be done with it.
In Ontario, there are four types of drains municipal, mutual agreement, award and private drainage systems and roadside ditches.
What Is The Lymphatic System And Function
The Lymphatic system helps maintain homeostasis in the body by:
- maintaining fluid volume balance between incoming water, nutrients, fat, waste particles, large proteins, and information transmission through out the circulatory system.
- moving fluid from the tissue and cell spaces to the venous system. This is then returned to the heart then the lungs and excess fluid is moved out through the kidneys and bladder and then peed out.
- it plays an integral role in tissue repair, regeneration and the immune response mechanism in the body.
- The lymphatic system consists of: initial lymph vessels, precollector pathways that lead into collector pathways, there is also the lymph nodes included in this system that collect drainage from the collector pathways.
Please contact us with any questions you may have about this therapy choice.
This system is magnificently similar to tributaries, streams, and the water pathways on our great Earth. The pictures of water tributaries in the land are very representative of the appearance and flow of the lymphatic system in our own bodies.
Components of the Lymphatic system:
- the lymph vessel system does not have a central pump
- the lymphatic system is not a closed loop it has fingerlets that start right at the skins surface and are extremely fine pathways.
Recommended Reading: Is Urinary Incontinence A Normal Part Of Aging
Urinary Drainage Bag Features:
- Medline drain bags have a slide tap for easy one-handed drainage
- All drain bags have a reinforced hanger with a built-in anti-kink drain tube guide and adjustable bed sheet clam
- Drain bags come with an option of an anti-reflux device
- The anti-reflux tower provides anti-reflux protection without mechanical parts to hinder the flow
- The Anti-reflux device has a clear one-way mylar valve for visualization of urine flow
- The anti-reflux valve flap system minimizes backflow into the drainage tube
- Drain bags available with a metal clamp or slide-tap drainage port, in 2,000 or 4,000 ml
- Various access port designs available
Why Choose East Gwillimbury Physiotherapy
We have Registered Physiotherapists fully certified in treating with manual lymphatic drainage techniques and management.
We are certified Combined Decongestive Therapists and
registered with the Assistive Devices Program program for compressive garment prescription through the Ministry of Health and Long term care.
Read Also: Can Stomach Ulcers Cause Urinary Problems
No Contracts Fees Or Commitments
Review, Edit, or Cancel your Reorders from your Account page at any time.
Due to the hygienic nature of this product and the manufacturer’s strict no return policy, we cannot accept returns or issue a credit for this product once it has been delivered to you.
Often, these products are subject to their manufacturer’s warranty. If you need to reach the manufacturer for this purchased product for assistance, please contact us so we can direct you, or find their website, phone, and/or email in our brand directory.
The Road Authority Has Indicated That I Cannot Direct My Water Into Their Roadside Ditch Is This Correct
Yes. The roadside ditch was built to resolve the road’s drainage problems, not those of the adjoining properties. There are two options to resolve this problem:
You May Like: How To Treat Urinary Tract Infection
Why Doesn’t The Road Authority Make Their Road Ditches Deep Enough To Outlet My Tile Drains
The road authority is not required to dig their ditches deep enough to provide outlet for tile drains. Road ditches are just another form of private ditch, and the road authorities are only obligated to dig ditches deep enough to handle the surface water off their own roads. They are not even required to take surface water from surrounding land. There are two options to resolve this problem.
Free Shipping Not Available
Due to low cost and weight limitations, orders containing this item cannot ship for free.
If your order total contains over $75 in additional products, we suggest placing a separate order so you will be able to choose free shipping on the rest of your purchase.
we cannot accept returns or issue a credit for any Erecaid product once it has been delivered to you.
Product HCPCS codes are provided for educational purposes. This data comes to us through manufacturer catalogs and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaide Services here.
While we take great care to provide accurate information for all of our products, we cannot guarantee that all of the information is 100% accurate or complete all of the time. As such, we cannot be held responsible for any billing-related decisions between you and your healthcare provider.
If you have any questions, or you found an error with any of our descriptions or codes, please contact us and we’ll get it fixed as quickly as possible.
Also Check: Urinary Incontinence Without Sensory Awareness
Last Year A Residential Subdivision Was Developed On The Property Right Next To Mine And The Developer Directed The Outlet Of The Storm Water Management Pond Into My Private Ditch On My Land My Ditch Is Starting To Erode And My Land Floods Occasionally What Can I Do
Your ditch is your infrastructure. There are at least three options that may resolve this problem:
Where To Buy Ostomy Supplies In Ontario
As Ontarios leading provider of ostomy supplies, Inner Good is not only indoctrinated in the challenges of ostomates, our team includes known members of the ostomy community. Together, the team works closely with Ontario Health Care Professionals to ensure that your unique needs are met. We offer:
- Easy Online Purchasing Order your supplies from our online shop and receive FREE shipping right to your door with a $100 minimum purchase
- Discreet and Quick Delivery Your order is processed immediately and automatically slated for shipping. Your supplies will arrive on time and in discreet packaging at the Ontario address of your choice, each month, without hassle.
- Full Support Your first purchase order is just the beginning. At that point you have entered into a relationship with Inner Good. That means you can call or email us with your questions about shipping, product information, special promotions, and much more. Begin that conversation today by calling us at 1.844.466.3939, complete the form found here, or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Do you as an Ontario resident have other questions about living with an Ostomy? View the following information resources from Inner Good:
Frequently Asked Questions Articles on Ostomy Diet and NutritionArticles on Post Surgery AdviceGeneral Articles on Living with an Ostomy
Don’t Miss: Cunningham Clamp For Urinary Incontinence