Lowers High Blood Pressure
High blood pressure is considered the second leading cause of kidney failure in the United States.5 As the blood pressure increases, the blood vessels in the kidneys get damaged, which affects their ability to filter waste and extra fluid from the blood. The extra fluid raises the blood pressure even further. Ashwagandha is known to lower blood pressure. A study proved that when hypertensive test subjects consumed ashwagandha root powder mixed with milk, there was a significant reduction in their systolic and diastolic readings.6
How Do You Know If The Dog Uti Treatment Is Working
Knowing if the dog UTI treatment is working is relatively easy. They will display fewer and weaker symptoms like less whimpering while urinating, less frequent bathroom trips, and more transparent urine.
When treating with medication, symptoms should start to subside within 48 hours, and when treating at home, it is often expected to see improvement within one week.
Within these time frames, your dog will experience less discomfort and better urination, so keep an eye on how severe your dogs symptoms are and note any improvements shown after dog UTI treatment has begun.
Do Calcium Supplements Increase Risk Of A Urine Infection
There is evidence in Urological Research, which suggests that elevated calcium ingestion may increase the risk of a urinary tract infection. Dr. Alan Gaby, in Nutritional Medicine, 2nd edition, recommends anyone taking up to 1,500 mg of calcium per day should divide their doses into two to three doses. Dr. Gaby advises that taking magnesium along with the calcium may be helpful. Suggested dose: Calcium 500 mg once or twice per day
Read Also: Best Treatment For Urinary Incontinence
Herbal Remedies For Urinary Tract Infections
According to Ayurveda urinary tract infection comes under “mutravaha srotas” roga. In this infection all three doshas are imbalanced. Planet Ayurveda provides best combination of effective herbal remedies such as UTI Care Pack for Ayurvedic treatment of Urinary Tract Infections . These herbal remedies are prepared from using best quality herbs and strictly follow the principles of Ayurveda. All these herbal remedies of Planet Ayurveda are 100 percent pure, natural and vegetarian. These are free from chemicals, additives and preservatives.
Recommendations For Uti Prevention
To prevent urinary tract infection, some research suggests that the following may be helpful:
- Increasing fluid intake: The doctor may recommend increased fluid intake to help flush bacteria out of the urinary system.
- Drinking cranberry juice: Drinking 8 ounces of cranberry juice a day may help prevent recurrent UTIs. People who take blood thinners such as warfarin or are prone to kidney stones should check with a physician before trying this approach.
- Proper hygiene: Regular bathing keeps the genital area bacteria free, and women should wipe front-to-back after using the bathroom so as to avoid introducing bacteria into the urethra.
Don’t Miss: Can Back Pain Cause Urinary Incontinence
Can You Get Rid Of A Uti Naturally At Home Or Do You Need Antibiotics
Sometimes, you can get rid of a UTI naturally by resting, drinking lots of water, taking dietary supplements, and giving the infection some time to heal. Research from 2017 suggests that somewhere between 25% and 42% of UTIs resolve naturally without the use of antibiotics.
However, there are certain situations where wait and see just isnt an acceptable approach. Untreated UTIs can cause potentially life threatening complications, including .
Practice Healthy Hygiene Habits
Preventing UTIs starts with practicing a few good bathroom and hygiene habits.
First, its important not to hold your urine for too long. This can lead to a buildup of bacteria, resulting in infection.
Peeing after sexual intercourse can also of UTIs by preventing the spread of bacteria.
Additionally, those who are prone to UTIs should avoid using spermicide, as it has been linked to an increase in UTIs.
Finally, when using the toilet especially if you have a female urethra make sure you wipe front to back. Wiping from back to front can to the urinary tract and is associated with an increased risk of UTIs.
Benefits of healthy hygiene for UTI
Urinating frequently and after sexual intercourse can reduce the risk of UTI. Careful wiping when you use the toilet may also help decrease the risk of UTI.
Several natural supplements may decrease the risk of developing a UTI.
Here are a few supplements that have been studied and are all available in capsule form:
- D-Mannose.D-Mannose is a type of sugar that is found in cranberries. Research suggests its effective in treating UTIs and preventing recurrence.
- Cranberry extract. Like cranberry juice, cranberry extract works by preventing bacteria from adhering to the urinary tract.
- Garlic extract. shows garlic and garlic extract to have antimicrobial properties, so they it may be able to block the growth of bacteria to prevent UTIs.
Don’t Miss: Urinary Incontinence Devices For The Elderly
What Are The Ashwagandha Benefits For Men And Women
Ashwagandha is a powerful natural herb that has been used for thousands of years for an extensive range of purposes. Some of the benefits of taking an ashwagandha supplement may yield include:
- Assistance with weight loss through body fat reduction and body composition balancing
- Assistance with stress through reduction of cortisol in the body
- Improved sleep through hormone balancing and stress reduction, as well as tranquilization effects
- Increased muscle mass and physical endurance/performance
- Anti-tumor effects for multiple types of cancer
- Improved mental cognition
- Improved central nervous system performance
- Enhanced immune system performance
- Reduced inflammation within the body, which in turn reduces the chances of developing multiple inflammation-related diseases, ranging from diabetes to stroke
- Increased desire for sex and enjoyment of sexual activity for both men and women
- Anti-arthritis effects, including reduced swelling and better pain management
- Ashwagandha benefits for women include improved reproductive health and menstrual health.
There are significant potential benefits of ashwagandha for men and women. However, note that these benefits have not been conclusively proven. While clinical studies bear them out and the herb has thousands of years of use in Ayurvedic tradition, there is insufficient scientific evidence as yet concerning its effectiveness in treating health and medical conditions.
More on ashwagandha:
Herbs For An Overactive Bladder
by Discreetlyfit | Mar 27, 2019 | Uncategorized
Have you ever wondered if there are any herbs that can help an overactive bladder? Because I have! So, to satisfy my curiosity, I went straight to a reliable source and asked Naturopath and Herbalist Norelle Hentschel. I hope you find her insights as enlightening as I do.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them below.
Has your bladder become way too needy?
Hello, I need to go pee and I need to go now!
Do you scope out where all the toilets are when you go somewhere and carry a backup pair of undies in your handbag?
You are not alone.
You May Like: What To Do To Prevent Urinary Tract Infections
What Happens If A Dogs Uti Goes Untreated
If a dogs UTI goes untreated, it is likely to develop more serious complications that can end up being life-altering or threatening. If left alone, a UTI can develop into kidney stones, bladder stones, and lower urinary tract dysfunction that can lead to recurrent UTIs.
If allowed to become severe, it can lead to things like Cushings disease, a condition caused by steroid treatment for inflammation associated with a urinary tract infection. This disease can damage the kidneys and cause the adrenal glands to overproduce cortisol, a stress hormone.
Although it is possible, it is unlikely for a UTI to completely go away without medicinal intervention. Whenever a dog exhibits symptoms of a urinary tract infection, it is always best to visit a doctor of veterinary medicine right away.
Urinary tract infections are painful, uncomfortable, and sometimes outright dangerous for dogs, and getting it taken care of promptly can save you some expensive vet bills in the future and spare your dog some potentially harmful side effects of an untreated UTI.
What Is An Overactive Bladder
Overactive bladder is a common but often hidden urinary problem affecting up to 60% of women at some point in their lives. It comes in two styles: dry and wet.
Dry OAB is when you get the urge to urinate frequency but nothing happens until you get to the toilet.
Wet OAB means a little or a lot of leakage may occur before you make it to the bathroom.
Don’t Miss: Azo Urinary Tract Defense Vs Urinary Pain Relief
Chronic Urinary Tract Infection
Urinary Tract Infections, or UTIs, are usually caused by the E. Coli strain of bacteria moving from the rectum and into the urethra. From the urethra, infections may also spread to the bladder or kidneys. Women are more susceptible to the condition than men, as for women, the urethra is shorter and is located closer to the rectum. Chronic Urinary Tract Infection is the name given to a urinary tract infection which either recurs despite the use of medications, or does not respond to medications at all. At Ayurvedic Wellness Centre in Bondi Junction, we are passionate about treating conditions such as a urinary tract infection with an holistic, natural approach In this article, we will discuss the signs and symptoms of chronic UTI and describe Ayurvedas role in managing the condition.
What Bacteria Is Ashwagandha Effective Against
Growing evidence indicates that many bacteria that cause infections in humans have developed resistance to multiple antibiotics, making new herbal antimicrobial agents even more important. In recent lab experiments, whole-plant extracts of ashwagandha were shown to be effective against a number of gram negative and gram positive bacteria that can cause serious illness:8
Also Check: Why Are Urinary Tract Infections Common In Older Adults
Why Are Females At A Higher Risk For Utis
People with female reproductive organs are at a higher risk for UTIs because of their anatomy. The female urethra, the tube which empties urine from your bladder out of your body, is shorter than someone born with male anatomy.
The female urethra is also quite close to female reproductive organs. That means bacteria from sexual intercourse as well as products like spermicide can be in close contact with the urethra and bladder.
Females also experience menopause and pregnancy. These two biological events change the bacteria in your reproductive and digestive tracts and create conditions that make UTIs more likely.
Warning Disclaimer Use For Publication
WARNING: Please DO NOT STOP MEDICATIONS without first consulting a physician since doing so could be hazardous to your health.
DISCLAIMER: All material available on eHealthMe.com is for informational purposes only, and is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by a qualified healthcare provider. All information is observation-only. Our phase IV clinical studies alone cannot establish cause-effect relationship. Different individuals may respond to medication in different ways. Every effort has been made to ensure that all information is accurate, up-to-date, and complete, but no guarantee is made to that effect. The use of the eHealthMe site and its content is at your own risk.
If you use this eHealthMe study on publication, please acknowledge it with a citation: study title, URL, accessed date.
Don’t Miss: Urinary Urgency Treatment Home Remedies
Some Herbal Remedies For Uti
- Shilajit as a herbal remedy for UTI
- Gokshura as a herbal remedy for UTI
- Punarnava as a herbal remedy for UTI
- Guduchi as a herbal remedy for UTI
- Chandan as a herbal remedy for UTI
- Varuna as a herbal remedy for UTI
Kidney-care ayurvedic medicine for urinary problems includes Boerhaavia diffusa, Eupatorium purpureum, Agropyron repens and Berberis vulgaris.
Panchakarma ayurvedic treatment for urinary tract infection is recommended in very deep-rooted conditions.
Treatment For Uti Symptoms
When UTI symptoms are particularly uncomfortable, a physician may also recommend phenazopyridine to alleviate the burning and discomfort to be taken in conjunction with antibiotics. This medication should not be taken for more than two days and has side effects that include headache, nausea, and changes in urine color .
Don’t Miss: Diseases Of The Kidney And Urinary Tract
Urine Infections And Ayurveda
According to ayurvedic texts, urinary infections usually occur because of imbalance of pitta dosha. Pitta dosha is responsible for digestive disorders and functions associated with it. Mostly people having urine infection initially eat something too spicy or sour. It can also happen because of drinking alcohol, suppressing your urge to urinate, retaining of fluids in your body for a long time etc. Other factors include-
- Not drinking enough water
What To Be Taken
- One should drink plenty of water because it helps in flushing out the bacteria which are responsible for urinary tract infections.
- Consume the foods which are rich in vitamin C like amla, oranges, tomatoes and grapes. These fruits help to make urine acidic. It helps to inhibit the growth of bacteria which are associated with urinary tract infections.
- It has been observed that cranberry juice also helps to reduce the urinary tract infections.
- Take high fiber food in your diet.
- Include probiotics in your diet like yogurt because they contain the bifid bacteria and lactobacilli. These are the beneficial microorganisms that help to strengthen the urinary tract.
Read Also: What Is The Strongest Antibiotic For Urinary Tract Infections
Pain Or Irritation While Urinating
In addition to an increased frequency, pain or irritation while urinating is a common symptom. Often described as a burning sensation, this symptom, also called dysuria, is present in around 30 percent of cases . Because this symptom can occur in other maladies, it is important to diagnose this symptom properly and in the context of other symptoms.
Causes Of Urinary Tract Infections
- Sexual intercourses are also responsible for urinary tract infections.
- To avoid pregnancy, women use the diaphragm that also can lead to these infections.
- Some complications like menopause and spinal cord injury are also associated with urinary tract infections.
- It has been observed that immune compromised patients are more prone to these infections.
- Unhygienic conditions like improper washing of hands also increase the chances of urinary tract infections.
- Hospitals are also major cause of urinary tract infections. There is a diagnostic method named as catheterization, in which a tube is inserted into urethra for people who have problems during urinating.
Don’t Miss: Causes Of Urinary Incontinence After Stroke
What Are Unrinary Tract Infections
Infections that occur in kidney, urethra and bladder are called as urinary tract infections. These infections are caused by bacteria like Klebsiella, Enterococcus, Staphylococcus and Proteus. Sexually transmitted organisms like Chlamydia trachomatis and Neisseria gonorrhea are also responsible for urinary tract infections. Women are more vulnerable to UTI than men because the urethra in women is shorter as compare to men.
What Is The Best Food For Dog Uti Treatment
Natural and nutrient-dense foods are best for dogs with UTIs. Here are some foods that can help with the dog UTI treatment.
- Cranberries. Cranberries and cranberry juice are the most often recommended at-home treatment for UTIs. Although the common belief is that they are powerful treatments against UTIs, there have been no studies to confirm this in dogs. For this reason, vets will often recommend cranberries be used as a supplement to a UTI treatment rather than be relied on as the treatment.
- Fruits. Fruits are a great source of vitamins and antioxidants that help to support the immune system. These foods provide naturally sourced nutrients that are easy to digest and readily available to support your pets health and help to treat and prevent urinary tract disease.
- UTI-Specific Dog Food. Dog foods formulated to treat a dogs UTI or incontinence often contain antioxidants and immune system supporting vitamins that help to fight the underlying causes of UTIs.
You May Like: What Antibiotic Is Best To Treat Urinary Tract Infection
International And Domestic Recommendations
According to American Urological Association , Canadian Urological Association , and Society of Urodynamics , Female Pelvic Medicine, and Urogenital Reconstruction guidelines, most recommendations are classified as level B or C . Diagnosis of recurring UTI should always be confirmed by a urine culture. Prior to treatment initiation, the practitioner should review urinalysis and urine culture results. In case of very severe symptoms, however, antibiotic treatment may be initiated while waiting for laboratory test results. Asymptomatic bacteriuria should not be treated it does not necessitate urinalyses or urine cultures, either. Antibiotic treatment of symptomatic UTI should follow the results of an antibiogram. Antibiotic treatment should not exceed 7 days, and it may be administered parenterally whenever required. If symptoms recede, no post-treatment laboratory tests are required. If symptoms persist, a repeat urine culture should be carried out to guide further treatment. Topical vaginal administration of oestrogens is recommended in post- and perimenopausal women . In accordance with the WHO plan to counteract inducing excessive antibiotic resistance, the aforementioned research associations permit prophylactic use of cranberry and other alternative therapies.
Effective Ayurvedic Remedies To Cure Urine Infections At Home
Ayurveda can be effective in treating urine infection without any side-effects. Here are some herbal treatments to try at home.
Infection can be of various kinds depending on the cause and location of infection. Urine infections are also one type of infection that can be caused because of inflammation of kidneys, Ureters, urethra and bladder. In most of the conditions, urinary tract infection occur because of bacterial infection, however it could also be because of fungi and virus. Urine infections get severe when these bacteria begin to multiply in the urinary tract causing pain and inflammation of tissues. Ayurveda has been providing long term cure to relief symptoms of urine infection and reduce risk of problems. Let us check how Ayurveda can treat this condition and remedies that help to eradicate symptoms.
Recommended Reading: How To Clean Your Urinary System