Royal Canin Hydrolyzed Protein Moderate Calorie Dry Dog Food
If you have an adult dog that often gains weight and suffers from food sensitivities, this diet has hydrolyzed proteins (for sensitivities and is moderate in calories to minimize weight gain. Dont buy it if your canine friend is skinny and needs to add weight.
- It is made with highly palatable and digestible hydrolyzed soy proteins to help curb food allergies.
- It has 9% fewer calories as well as 38% fewer fats when compared to Royal Canin Hydrolyzed Protein Adult HP dry dog food, making it ideal for dogs susceptible to weight gain.
- It will reinforce your dogs skin barrier that will minimize skin issues like sensitivities or irritations, thanks to the optimal amino acid and vitamin B complex levels.
- It will promote healthy skin as it has omega-3 fatty acids, which is a potent source of the much needed EPA and DHA.
- The added blend of fiber will promote healthy digestion without upsets or diarrhea.
- First ingredients: Brewers rice, hydrolyzed soy protein, chicken fat, dried plain beet pulp, natural flavors, vegetable oil.
- Calories: The diet has a calculated value of 3477 kcal ME/kg or an equivalent of 306 kcal ME/cup.
- Guaranteed analysis: Crude protein : 21.5%, crude fats : 10.5%, crude fiber : 3.1%, moisture : 10.0%, and phosphorus : 0.50%
Royal Canin Canine Hydrolyzed Protein In Gel Canned Dog Food
This gel or wet canine diet made using hydrolyzed soy and chicken liver protein suits all adult dogs that suffer from food allergies or sensitivities as well as resultant symptoms.Key benefits
- The low molecular protein hydrolysate used is easy to digest, and your pets immunity will not detect it.
- Highly palatable
- The optimum levels of amino acids and B vitamins help in reinforcing skin barrier while the EPA and DHA from the added omega-3 fatty acids will boost skin health and coat quality.
- Added fiber blends will boost digestion while minimizing stomach troubles like diarrhea chances.
- The strict manufacturing process will ensure no cross-contamination that will otherwise expose the food to contaminants.
- Like most other wet diets, expect to spend more.
- First ingredients: Water sufficient for processing, pea starch, hydrolyzed soy protein, hydrolyzed chicken liver, vegetable oil, and powdered cellulose
- Calories: Has calculated calories of 1012 kcal ME/kg or a 395 kcal ME/can as fed basis.
- Guaranteed analysis: Crude protein : 5.0%, crude fats : 2.5%, crude fiber : 2.5%, moisture : 76.0%.
Read Also: How To Cure Urinary Retention
Ingredients Of Royal Canin Urinary So + Calm Dry Cat Food
Chicken by-product meal, corn gluten meal, brewers rice, wheat, corn, pea fiber, natural flavors, dried chicory root, wheat gluten, fish oil, chicken fat, salt, calcium sulfate, sodium bisulfate, potassium chloride, sodium pyrophosphate, DL-methionine, vegetable oil, psyllium seed husk, monocalcium phosphate, fructooligosaccharides, choline chloride, vitamins , taurine, L-tryptophan, dried hydrolyzed casein, trace minerals , L-carnitine, marigold extract , rosemary extract, preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid.
This diet contains 3350 kilocalories of metabolizable energy per kilogram or 322 kilocalories ME per cup on an as fed basis .
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Also Check: Is Urinary Incontinence A Normal Part Of Aging
Urinary So + Calm Dry Cat Food
Feline Multifunction Urinary + Calm dry is a highly palatable, highly digestible, complete and balanced adult cat food formulated to help support a healthy urinary tract while providing calming nutrients for cats facing stressful environmental situations.
- The benefits
Contains hydrolyzed milk protein and L-tryptophan to help manage cats exhibiting fearful behaviors in stressful environments and social situations.
- Product description
- Founded by a veterinarian, Royal Canin has over 40 years experience in Health Nutrition. Our work with veterinarians, pet nutritionists, breeders and cat professionals from around the world has provided us with knowledge about the specific nutritional requirements of cats. This knowledge has allowed us to formulate the precise diet for your cat’s special needs.
Urinary So Aging 7+ + Calm Dry Cat Food
Royal Canin Urinary SO Aging 7+ and Calm is a veterinary exclusive dry cat food for senior cats to support urinary health and calm anxious behaviors
Corn, brewers rice, wheat gluten, chicken by-product meal, natural flavors, corn gluten meal, chicken fat, wheat, powdered cellulose, dried chicory root, potassium chloride, egg product, fish oil, calcium sulfate, dried tomato pomace, sodium pyrophosphate, DL-methionine, vegetable oil, psyllium seed husk, fructooligosaccharides, choline chloride, salt, taurine, vitamins , L-tryptophan, L-lysine, dried hydrolyzed casein, trace minerals , glucosamine hydrochloride, lecithin, marigold extract , L-carnitine, chondroitin sulfate, carotene, rosemary extract, preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid.
This diet contains 3466 kilocalories of metabolizable energy per kilogram or 308 kilocalories ME per cup on an as fed basis .
- Guaranteed Analysis
Don’t Miss: Royal Canin Urinary So Aging Calm
Royal Canin Multifunction Satiety + Hydrolyzed Protein Dry Dog Food
This veterinary diet is suited for overweight or obese adult dogs with food sensitivities. It will help them safely lose dogs while preventing hypersensitivities.
- Hydrolyzed soy protein used is highly digestible and wont cause hypersensitivity
- Satiety formulation that has high fiber helps your pet feel full in between meals. It wont beg food and will consequently lose weight safely, with 97% of canines on this formula losing weight.
- It offers skin barrier reinforcement and has ingredients that will promote not only healthy skin but also ensure an excellent coat quality since affected dogs often suffer from skin issues.
- Most people note that it is costly, and it is unavailable in most pet stores.
- First ingredients: Hydrolyzed soy protein, brewers rice, powdered cellulose, natural flavors, chicken fat, pea fiber, dried plain beet pulp, and fish oil.
- Calories: Calculated calories are 2852 kcal ME per kg or 208 kcal ME per cup.
- Guaranteed analysis: Crude protein : 28.0%, crude fats : 7.5%, crude fiber : 19.4%, moisture : 10.0%.
Overall Is Royal Canin A Good Choice
Some people think that humans dont fully understand how whole foods nourish the body. Its impossible to break down food into macronutrients and micronutrients and assume that a synthetic reproduction and reassembly of those components will have the same benefits as the natural composition of a freshly killed rabbit.
Another school of thought believes that foods are no more than the sum of the parts that humans understand. They are bundles of amino acids, fats, starches, minerals, trace metals. They can be broken down and recreated under controlled conditions. According to this thought system, an ingredient list isnt where you get the important information about food. The nutrient analysis is what matters.
Royal Canin appeals to those in the second category, saying that we need to focus on the nutrients our pets need for optimal health, not on the ingredients.
So, lets ignore the fact that Royal Canin foods contain bogeyman ingredients like corn gluten meal, wheat gluten, and cornmeal. Lets focus on the nutrients instead. Royal Canin foods still arent ideal nutrition for most cats, who are metabolically adapted for higher metabolism of proteins and lower utilization of starches.
When other foods dont provide the results you need, Royal Canin foods may be able to help your cat feel better. For general nutrition, however, Royal Canin cat food is overpriced and under-nourishing.
Don’t Miss: Urinary Tract Infection Baby Boy
Can Dry Foods Strengthen Urinary Health
However, these foods are normally lacking the most crucial ingredient called moisture.
If your cat consumes enough water, then dry food can be as effective as wet food.
In case you dont know whether your feline drinks an adequate amount of water or not, its advisable to make use of a small fountain to tempt him/her into keeping himself/herself hydrated all day.
Also Check: Urinary Tract Infection And Bv
How To Select The Best Pet Food For Your Dog
There are several factors to take into consideration when selecting the right diet for your dog. First, you must determine whether your dog is currently fed a commercial or homemade diet. Commercial diets are typically manufactured by large companies and sold in stores. Homemade diets are prepared by owners themselves and include fresh meats, vegetables, fruits, grains, and supplements. Both options are suitable for feeding your dog. However, there are advantages and disadvantages associated with each option.
Commercial Diet Advantages
Convenient Most commercial diets are easy to prepare and store. Many brands are pre-packaged and ready to serve. Some are even shelf stable.
Affordable Prices vary widely among manufacturers. While most commercial diets are affordable, others are quite costly.
Homemade Diet Disadvantages
Difficult to Prepare Preparing homemade diets requires extensive knowledge of cooking techniques and ingredients. Ingredients must be measured carefully and mixed thoroughly. Recipes must be followed precisely to ensure safety and nutritional adequacy.
Nutritional Value Commercial diets are generally higher in
You May Like: What Do Doctors Prescribe For Urinary Tract Infection
Purina Pro Plan Adult
Purina Pro Plan Adult is one of our top picks as Purina is a well-known and trusted brand.
This product comes in a wide selection of delicious flavors with similar urinary health benefits. Hence, you can be sure that your kitty wont turn her/his nose up at this.
Purina Pro Plan FOCUS is specially designed to relieve sickness symptoms and prevent the cause of urinary tract infections. Furthermore, its price is fairly reasonable, so you wont be bankrupt when curing your cats disease.
According to the Purinas guideline, you should feed your cat 1.1 oz per pound of body weight daily and divide the food into 2 or 3 meals.
Like other Urinary foods, dont feed these foods for pregnant cats or kittens.
List Of Royal Canin Recalls
Cause: Melamine. Announcement: FDA report dated May 11, 2007 . What was recalled: The following Royal Canin dry pet foods with date codes between July 28, 2007 and April 30, 2008:
- Sensible Choice Chicken and Rice Adult dry dog food
- Sensible Choice Chicken and Rice Reduced dry dog food
- Sensible Choice Lamb and Rice Reduced dry dog food
- Sensible Choice Chicken and Rice Puppy dry dog food
- Sensible Choice Chicken and Rice Large Breed Puppy dry dog food
- Sensible Choice Natural Blend Adult dry dog food
- Sensible Choice Natural Blend Senior dry dog food
- Sensible Choice Natural Blend Puppy dry dog food
- Kasco Chunks dry dog food
- Kasco Hi Energy dry dog food
- Kasco Maintenance dry dog food
- Kasco Mealettes dry dog food
- Kasco Mini Chunks dry dog food
- Kasco Puppy dry dog food
- Kasco Cat dry cat food
Cause: Melamine. Announcement: FDA report dated April 19, 2007 . What was recalled: The following Royal Canin dry pet foods:
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Canine Early Cardiac EC 22 dry dog food
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Canine Skin Support SS21 dry dog food
- Royal Canin Veterinary Diet Feline Hypoallergenic HP23 dry cat food
- Sensible Choice Chicken Meal & Rice Formula Senior dry dog food
- Sensible Choice Lamb Meal & Rice Formula Puppy dry dog food
- Sensible Choice Lamb Meal & Rice Formula Adult dry dog food
- Sensible Choice Lamb Meal & Rice Formula Senior dry dog food
- Sensible Choice Rice & Catfish Meal Formula Adult dry dog food
Recommended Reading: Can I Use Azithromycin For Urinary Tract Infection
Free Shipping With Autoship*
With AutoShip, you can schedule regular deliveries of your pet/animals medications and food right to your front door with free shipping!*
- Select your own delivery schedule.
- Change your schedule or cancel at any time.
- Youll receive emails before your next AutoShip is placed and when it ships.
* Free Shipping with AutoShip applies to orders shipped by standard delivery within the continental U.S. Items that require ground or expedited shipping are not eligible.
Which Types Of Dogs Might Do Better With A Different Brand
The first thing we want to mention is this formula is more expensive. In fact, it is on the high side of dog products, in general. If you are on a budget, this might be a hard product to swing.
Beyond that, Royal Canin is well-known for providing specific nutrition based on size, age, and breed.
The Vet Diet line typically does not follow this dictate, however. Although, you can find it for small breeds and in treat form. Again, this is a food that will be prescribed by your vet, so if your pet is not the right age for the food, the brand does not have various options to choose from beyond the ones stated above.
Finally, one of the main ingredients in the hydrolyzed protein chow is soy. Many dogs suffer from soy sensitivities, so caution is recommended before you opt for this brand. Note we will dive deeper into the soy contents in a short while.
30% OFF at Chewy.com
Read Also: What Tea Is Good For Urinary Tract Infection
Purina One Urinary Health
Purina is always our all-time favorite brand as its products are good and cheap. The Purina One Urinary Health isnt an exception.
Purina One Urinary Health is made with real chicken, decreased the level of magnesium to keep a healthy urinary tract for adult cats. Real chicken also promotes healthy muscles and energy.
Additionally, its vet-recommended formula is created by essential minerals, vitamins, taurine, omega-6 fatty acids for overall well-being and healthy skin. What is more, the crunchy texture keeps your cats teeth clean and white.
Apart from these vital ingredients above, it also has antioxidants to support a strong immune system.
Royal Canin Urinary So Dog Food Ingredients
The ingredient list on this dog food is a bit strange. Firstly, it includes brewers rice as the first ingredient. While this may sound strange, brewers rice is actually very good for dogs. It is nutrient-rich and includes many of the vitamins dogs need to thrive.
It is often used in other formulas to increase the nutritional richness of their dog food. This ingredient just usually isnt added as the first ingredient.
However, the next ingredient is corn, which is not the best option. While corn is processed so that dogs can easily absorb it, it still isnt as absorbable as whole meat. Corn may contain various amino acids that dogs need, but they arent as readily useable as muscle meat.
This formula does contain meat as chicken by-product meal. However, this is the fourth ingredient, and it isnt even whole meat. By-products are everything that is leftover after the chicken is processed for people.
Sometimes this includes nutritious items, like organ meats and cartilage. It can also include fillers like feathers. You just dont know which of the two youre getting!
Because this is health-focused dog food, the ingredient list is going to be a bit different anyway. However, there are lots of SO dog foods on the market that have better ingredient lists than this one.
Recommended Reading: Cystex Plus Urinary Pain Relief
Working Towards A Sustainable Future
Our belief that pets make our world better inspires and gives life to our purpose of making a better A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS
Hydrolyzed soy protein, brewers rice, powdered cellulose, natural flavors, chicken fat, pea fiber, dried plain beet pulp, fish oil, calcium carbonate, potassium chloride, monocalcium phosphate, vegetable oil, psyllium seed husk, fructooligosaccharides, sodium tripolyphosphate, choline chloride, DL-methionine, vitamins , taurine, marigold extract , magnesium oxide, N-butyric acid, trace minerals , GLA safflower oil, L-carnitine, rosemary extract, preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid.
This diet contains 2852 kilocalories of metabolizable energy per kilogram or 208 kilocalories ME per cup on an as fed basis .
- Guaranteed Analysis
Recommended Reading: Best Way To Get Rid Of Urinary Tract Infection
Which Type Of Questions Can We Answer
We are not here for no reason! It is sure that your mind will be confused with a list of questions, such as:
- What is the best royal canin urinary calm to buy?
- What is the top best royal canin urinary calm in this year?
- A list of top best royal canin urinary calm to consider buying.
- or even The best royal canin urinary calm review in the year of 2022
And whenever you find yourself overwhelmed in one of these questions, dont hesitate to reach out to us! We will respond as soon as possible for sure!
Even if there is something you have always wanted to experience, but cannot find it on the top list of royal canin urinary calm, kindly let us know and we promise to do our best to help your dream come true.
Last but not least, we are always struggling to offer our dear readers and customers the quality, reliable and excellent purchase recommendations. With 10 suggested products above, it is better to click for more details so that you can choose the most suitable product without any concern! We ensure that you will never feel regretful in any case!
Read Also: Silent Urinary Tract Infection Symptoms
Product Description For Royal Canin Urinary So + Calm Dry Cat Food
Founded by a veterinarian, Royal Canin has over 40 years experience in Health Nutrition. Our work with veterinarians, pet nutritionists, breeders and cat professionals from around the world has provided us with knowledge about the specific nutritional requirements of cats. This knowledge has allowed us to formulate the precise diet for your cats special needs.
Is Royal Canin Urinary So Dog Food Safe For My Dog
Yes! Royal Canin Urinary So Dog Food is safe for both puppies and adult dogs. All of our products meet strict guidelines set forth by the Association of American Feed Control Officials and the United States Department of Agriculture . Our products contain no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives.
You May Like: How Can I Cure A Urinary Tract Infection
Read Also: Tea For Urinary Tract Infection